ALL CILT AND JC SPOTS ARE FULL FOR 2019!
PLEASE APPLY EARLY FOR NEXT SUMMER 2020
Counselor-In-Leadership Training Program (CILT): Ages 13-15 - (FULL)
Junior Counselor Training Program (JC): Ages 16-17 (FULL)
We are grateful for campers who've aged with us and are now teens. Due to limited space on board, we are now reserving a limited number of spots for teens who are strongly interested in learning and working toward becoming a future boating camp counselor. If your teen is motivated by this goal, then read on….
If you have a teen who is “gung-ho” about boating, fishing, paddling, swimming, and outdoor adventure and who can grow to become a role model for young children, then our training programs may be a great fit.
We encourage applicants who are already passionate about these subjects and thrive on challenge and hard work. Our goal is to help CILTS and JC’s grow personally, professionally and socially by increasing self-confidence, leadership and accountability. Boating is the perfect canvas to build character, decision-making, life skills, and prepare to enter the workforce.
Our goal is to help CILTs and JCs grow personally, professionally and socially. Through open and constructive feedback, they will build skills in leadership, communication and work ethic. We take the training programs very seriously and reserve the right to remove someone from the program if they do not meet expectations (e.g. they don’t want to be there), or violate our policies and procedures.
Questions? Email Don
CILT DETAILS (ages 13-15)
- Learn to how to have professional interactions with youth (who are a minimum of 3 years younger)
- Pro-actively participate in camp activities and engage campers.
- Learn and implement skills to lead one activity period, under the guidance of senior staff
- Self-reflection and evaluation
- Complete an end-of-training evaluation with the Assistant Camp Director that includes formal evaluation of an activity conducted with campers as well as the overall experience.
- Must be age 13 by June 1, 2019
- Must be a proficient swimmer
- Price: $399 - Earn back up to $75 based on their week-end evaluation.
- No minimum or maximum number of weeks required.
- Deadline for CILT application is Feb 18, 2019.
- This is a highly selective program, as there are only Two CILT openings available each week.
- To apply: complete the application and email to us by Feb 18, 2019. Upon review, the camp director will email you within 48 hours with a decision and weeks available if applicable.
- Once you receive your acceptance email, please register online. Payment is due by March 25.
JC DETAILS (ages 16-17)
Junior Counselor Goals
- Be majorly engaged in camp functions to help program excellence.
- Facilitate programming from director, and provide appropriate feedback to senior staff.
- Be a strong role model for campers and CILTS, especially in safety awareness and procedures.
- Apply personal strengths within camp programming.
- Have positive staff relationships.
- Complete an end-of-training evaluation with the Assistant Camp Director that includes formal evaluation of activities conducted with campers as well as the overall experience.
Junior Counselor Requirements
- Must be age 16 by June 1, 2019
- Must be a proficient swimmer (lifeguard certified preferred)
- Must be available for 2 weeks for first year.
- Have their NC boating license prior to June 1 (online course is $30)
- Must be able to attend Mandatory Training June 6-7 from 9am-3pm. Training is unpaid.
- 1st Year: Junior Counselors pay nothing and have the opportunity to earn up to a $150 stipend at the end of the week based on their evaluation
- 2nd Year: Junior Counselors pay nothing and earn a $275 stipend at the end of the week based on their evaluation. JCs showing real promise may be advanced to receiving even more responsibility and an hourly wage, prior to turning age 18.
Junior Counselor Application.
- Deadline for JC application is February 28, 2019.
- This is a highly selective program, as there are only two JC openings available each week.
- To apply: complete the application and email to us by February 28, 2019. Upon review, the camp director will email you within 48 hours with a decision
- Assignments: JC assignments announced by March 4, 2019
Limited Space - Register TODAY!