Jordan Lake Boating Camp is hiring…for summer 2018!
1) Assistant Director
- Responsible for managing and implementing daily activities, operations, as well as being a leader for counselors and campers alike. (Yes, you will be with kids all day)
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience with school, summer camp,
day camp, or mentoring organization
- A college degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be age 26+
- Clean driving record and background check.
2) Lead Counselors – If you have experience as…
- Professional educator – i.e. school teacher, or other degree and/or
demonstrated experience of working with children, e.g. social work, etc.
(No boating experience required)
- You are a boat nut: any combination with experience in…boating, sailing, kayaking, or fishing!
- All candidates must enjoy having fun with kids all day!
- Must be age 21+. Clean driving record and background check.
3) Counselors – loads of boating experience NOT required, although being into kids IS!
You and your peers will be responsible for the care and safety of children. Your enthusiasm, decision-making and effort will help create a positive camp experience and protect the physical and emotional well-being of campers.
- At least 18 years of age and pursuing college degree
- Demonstrated experience working with children, camp counselor experience preferred
- Boundless energy, enthusiasm, and love working outdoors and with children
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be a proficient swimmer
FOR ALL POSITIONS:
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- New hires must be certified in CPR/First Aid prior to first day of work.
- New hires must pass NC Boating Exam Online prior to first day of work (3 hours online, go at own pace)
Preferred Qualifications and Certifications
- Experience with summer camp, day camp, or mentoring organization
- Current Lifeguard certification
- Scouting rank of Eagle Scout
- Wilderness First Aid
- Any boating, sailing, kayaking, SUP certifications
- Jordan Lake fishing experience
Schedule, Compensation, Benefits
- Camp is for the ten weeks between June 11 and Aug 17. Mon – Fri.
- Must be available at least 7 of 10 weeks. Mandatory training is June 7-8.
- Location: Sun Star Farm 2092 Martha’s Chapel Rd, Apex, NC 27523
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience and certifications.
To Apply please email the following documents in .pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter explaining your main areas of interest and personal goals.
- A current resume.
- At least three references and their complete contact information. Successful background check required. We will pursue both indicated and non-indicated references.
Application Deadline: May 10, 2018